Sunday, June 14, 2009

Matt's Blue Lake Sprint Triathlon

Another sprint triathlon for Matt and his friend Rich. This time they went to Fairview, Oregon next to Gresham. They did the Blue Lake sprint triathlon and there were about 600 participants on Saturday. Again, they amazed me. Matt was amazing to watch. He had never swam in open water in competition before. This sprint triathlon was an 800 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride and then a 5K run. He rocked on the water. We bought him a wetsuit last weekend and he loved it. As I sat there and watched them, I thought to myself, "I can do this" and then reality hits and I say to myself, "I will just enjoy Matt competing". Do you all like their green caps? These caps keep everybody in order when swimming in the water. It is pretty funny to watch all of these colored caps bopping up and down around the Lake. Enjoy the pictures!!
Matt and Rich flexing their stuff before the swim.

Rich zipping up Matt's wetsuit.

I am sure that you can't tell, but he is wearing the green cap with his wetsuit around his waist running next to the cones on the right hand side. Look closely. He had come out of the water so fast that I didn't have time to grab the camera and take his picture jogging up the little hill to head to his bike. This picture was my ditch effort of capturing him.

Matt racing past these participants to head out on the 12 mile bike ride. You go honey, granted two of the people are women and one is an old man.

Returning from the bike race heading to the transition area to begin the 5K.

Look at that smile. This picture is my favorite!

Off to the races, pass that girl.
When you arrive at the triathlon, the sponsors put the athletes ages on their calves.
So, when you are competing you know exactly how old the person in front of you is.
Hitting the finish line.

Walk it off, walk it off.

Oh, happy day, it is over!

That's my MAN!

This is Kennedy with Rich and Matt. He goes to Matt's school. Rich is Kennedy's swim coach at the pool and so Rich invited Kennedy to join them for this triathlon, he did awesome. He was such a cute kid.

His number.

Time to go home! Nice work you guys!

7 comments:

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Hey that is great! My friend is getting ready to to the Seattle to Portland bikeathon....their is a name for it but I can't remember it. Next year Matt should go for that....this year he will be at the Reunion...at least I hope so. GREAT JOB Matt. Good job supporting him Beth...that is where I would be.

Cathy said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed.

Kelly said...

Thats greats, those guys are animals. That open swim is brutal. You could do it if you wanted to its crazy but also fun. I almost miss it...almost.

Sean and Melissa said...

Great job Matt!! You look great!

Carrie said...

Awesome job guys! And great job for being a supportive wife Beth!

Ashlee said...

Great Job Matt! We are so proud of you and think that you look awesome!

Liz said...

You could SO do it!!! :D It just takes a little re-arranging of the 'tude! :D