Thursday, July 23, 2009

Matt hikes up Mt. Hood

Last weekend, Matt and two of his friends, Jeremy and Rich went on a 3 day, 2 night hike up Mt. Hood. It was no easy task but they had a fantastic time together and saw many beautiful scenes. Matt loved the water that they would drink from the mountain streams and the company he had. I kept praying that they would return to us safely and that I wouldn't be a widow. Thankfully they arrived late in the day on Saturday and all of his limbs were in tack. Here are some of the pictures that they took.
Look at the gorgeous view. Yes, I am talking about MATT!
Matt, Rich and Jeremy getting ready to drive up the mountain to the drop off point.

Matt is eating a meal that we have had in our food storage for 4 years. He said that it was good. I am pleased that we have 4 more of these dinners in case of an emergency.

Yes, Matt and Rich are walking in the snow.
The weather varied all throughout the 3 days of hiking.

They saw beautiful flowers at different locations and the colors of these flowers were brilliant and varied.

Yeah!! I am on top of the world.
Not really but I am sure that they felt that way after arriving here.

Rich and Jeremy hiking through the snow.

Another gorgeous picture.

Matt said that this little rock house was on the top of the mountain. Isn't that incredible? Who made it and when did they have the time to carry all of the rocks up to the mountain?

Resting at the rock house.

Jeremy, Rich and Matt.
As they would hike, they would see other hikers and so they would stop and visit with them. This picture was taken by a fellow hiker.

Mt. Hood

They said that this rock wall was HUGE!!

A water fall.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

What an awesome trip. Gorgeous pictures.

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Jill said...

I want to join the fun! That looks GREAT! I'm surprised Matt didn't sprain an ankle.

Wendy said...

That looks like a fun time. Great pictures.

Kelly said...

Is is just me or does that guy never sit still? The pictures are beautiful, glad he came home safe and sound.

Carrie said...

Gorgeous views! Hope you're having fun in Hawaii and staying cooler than we are! Of course, you are soooo COOL!