Thursday, December 3, 2009
Madalyn turns 12
Time really does fly by. Our oldest child, Madalyn has turned 12 and we feel like she was born yesterday. We lived in Monmouth, Oregon at the time of her birth and we were so excited to have her come to Matt and I. I was really excited because I was 41 weeks and 1 day pregnant. We don't find out the sex of our child until they enter this world, so we didn't know that she was a girl. We were so excited when she finally made her appearance. She was born at 9:08pm and the day was a beautiful day just like yesterday was. She is just a wonderful daughter. She is very responsible, helpful, loving, kind, thoughtful, forgiving, patient, and beautiful. We have loved all that she has taught us over the last 12 years. Hopefully, she feels like we have taught her some important life lessons. Happy Birthday Madalyn. We LOVE YOU!!!!
Now remember everyone, I am not a cake maker. Her Grandma is amazing at cakes and her Aunt Tricia. This weekend her amazing cake will be made by her Aunt Tricia, aka cake extraordinaire. Needless to say, I wanted her to have a yummy cake on her official birthday, so I made this simple cake. She liked it.
Paige and I wrapped Madalyn's presents during the day. Paige punctured 2 of the gifts wrapping paper and so they had a lot of tape on them. Madalyn was very sweet and let Paige open 2 of her presents.
Madalyn loves Greek mythology and so Matt and I bought her a children's book about it. She was very excited! I always love it when you know that they love their presents.
Afterwards the kids wanted to know when they could have presents like Madalyn. Well, luckily I can tell them that Christmas is right around the corner.
Madalyn loves sour cream chicken enchiladas. This was her birthday request for dinner. Bailey and Paige loved them, but the boys struggled, even gaged to get the food down. I told the kids that they could not have cake and ice cream unless they ate dinner. Carter and Hayden were not happy campers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Madalyn! Looking forward to seeing the fancy cake this weekend, but I like the one you made, what a great idea to write her attributes on it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Madalyn! So happy for you. Sorry I can not be there this week-end. Work...ugh but know I am thinking of you. Love you Aunt FERFER
Happy Birthday Madalyn! Wow, you're turning into a beautiful young woman. Hope you had a great day!
Happy Birthday Madalyn!! I love you so much and I cannot believe you are
12!!! WOW! Beth, the cake looked great and the food. :) Thanks for the call this morning. Love you guys!!
We love you Madalyn!You are beautiful!! Beth there is another post I am waiting for
YAY Maddie!!! :D That cake is cool! I love how you wrote the words around her name like that. My #2 didn't even have words on her cake this year. OOPS! Congratz on almost being the parent of a teenager! :)
Happy Birthday, Madalyn. I certainly love you. I'm glad you had such a great time! xo, Aunt Jill
I remember when she was born...That was such a long day waiting for her!We always thought of her as an early b-day present:)
Madalyn you are beautiful and wonderful-Glad you had a great day. Love you!
Beth-The enchiladas looked great!
Hey fancy pants- changing your background for the season!
Time does fly...when it's not your own. I remember being at college, receiving that adorable card of Ma as cupid.
Post a Comment