Monday, August 8, 2011

The Lake House

My friend called and asked us to come out to her lake house for a couple of days. I hadn't been in 7 years with all of lifes demands, so I was very excited to go and have the kids play in the sand and water for 2 days. They had a wonderful time with each other. The weather was perfect. Thank you Sarah for a great 2 days.

The kids playing Twister.

The boys loved this game.

Carter was the captain of this paddle boat. He loved it.
Here he is taking the kids on a tour of the docks.

Gannon and Madalyn out on the dock.

Matt was unable to get up on this machine 7 years ago. Finally, he did it this time. It was like riding a bike, he remembered everything that didn't happen last time and got right up this time!!

I love this picture because all of the kids are doing something different.
Carter snapping his life jacket, Hayden walking on to the deck, Paige waiting for Matt to be ready, Madalyn talking to Matt, Bailey ready to jump on this water craft and Matt starting the engine.

Oh Yeah!! Hold on Madalyn.

Hayden is having a blast. Look at those 2.

Paige loved riding with her Dad.

Madalyn really enjoyed this paddle board.

The big tube.

Carter on "his" paddle boat.

Matt got the rope wound up in the engine of this ski doo. Sarah and I had to hold it up while he unwrapped the rope.
Look at those muscles!

Paige loved the sand.

Kris, Sarah and I.
That sunscreen in the bottom of this picture is a must.

Sarah and I.

Madalyn enjoyed floating on the water right before we left.

Bailey loved trying everything at the Lake House. She is fearless.

Gannon was such a good boy. Paige gave him a lot of attention. He really liked sitting on the trampoline.

Carter was very cold, but he finally got into the water on the day that we left.

I drove to Eugene for the night and Gannon loved Grandma's little pool. Isn't he precious.

My very helpful daughter!
Madalyn sat in the pool with Gannon.

Madalyn and Gannon.

Hayden loved swimming in G & Gs pool.

Carter ready to jump back in.

Brothers.

When I got home, Matt had painted our headboard that we had bought at a garage sale. I have never had a head/foot board and so we were pretty excited to find this for $75 and paint it black. Thank you honey!

Madalyn sewing pajama bottoms for personal progress.

She loves to sew.

Carter just started to play tackle football. He is so so sore. Poor kid!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That looks like such a fun lake house. So many water toys. Glad you guys were able to get away! Love the new headboard, so pretty!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the lake and friends so much! Bailey is totally fearless around water. I've seen her at the pool! Crazy kid! I miss you all like crazy!