Last week Matt turned one year older! I tried to make the day as special as I could. At 5:15am, Matt and I went to the gym and worked out together. We had a work out that would make anyone cry! I am sure that Matt wished I hadn't begged him to come to the gym that morning. Paige, Gannon and I went to his work and had lunch together. Things were very busy at work and so we didn't stay long. We brought him a few of his favorite things: TCBY yogurt, salad, combo pizza and SOBE grapefruit drink. When we got home, I finished up some last minute things for his birthday. When he came home from work, we had him open his gift. I got him an awesome gift that he can use while he swims: an underwater ipod shuffle with waterproof earphones. He was so excited! He swims twice a week and he has wanted this for some time now. If any of you swim and are looking for a great idea go to: underwateraudio.com and get yourself a waterproof shuffle and earphones. After he opened his gift we went out to dinner with our good friends to a place Matt really wanted to try. The name was Pok Pok. You can see a video on youtube.com about this famous place. It was a great night. We finished the night off with a piece of delicious German chocolate cake and ice cream. Happy Birthday Honey!!

Matt reading his birthday card.
The kids waiting patiently go see what was in the box.

Matt wondering what I got him.

He was so excited to see his present.
BTW, the Hawaiian shirt was a joke with our friends. He wanted them to think that he was going to wear that out in public. Pretty funny!

Matt's German chocolate cake.
I have a delicious recipe from Matt's mom for the pecan frosting.
Matt loves it.
DELICIOUS
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Matt!
Way cool gift! Happy birthday (late). We ate cake to commemorate your birthday!
Post a Comment