Today, Matt is a whopping 36 years old. Doesn't he look fantastic? We woke up this morning with snow on the ground and knew that it would be a great day. I had the kids get out of bed at 6:30 to sing Happy Birthday to Matt. They were such good sports. After he left to work, we all got ready and went to the store to buy donuts. We have a tradition of taking donuts to Matt's staff on his birthday. When we got to the school, I had the kids line up and we all sang Happy Birthday in the office. After we finished the song, Matt asked the kids if we were going to do the spanking machine. I looked up at him and then looked over at the secretaries, they were laughing, I said, "no, honey we will do the spanking machine when we get home tonight". I didn't catch on to why everybody was laughing so hard. So, I said out loud to the staff, don't you guys know what the spanking machine is? A staff member said, "obviously you and Matt do, you have 5 children". Then I started to laugh and realized what I had said. The jokes on me I guess!! Happy Birthday Honey!
Birthday Boy!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy birthday Matt!!! That is a really funny story. My teachers used to ask me if my parents had a T.V. to entertain themselves. It wasn't until later on in life that I realized they were referring to the fact that my parents must have found other ways to entertain themselves since they had 7 children.
36!!! Glad you were born big brother. What a great example! Love you!
I laughed my head off at the "spanking machine" story! Can't wait to live closer to you guys!
Happy Birthday!! I hope your day was a good one! Your still lookin' good! Keep up the good work. That is a pretty funny story.
Oh my gosh I forgot all about the spanking machine (the real birthday one, not the one that got you five kids) Happy Birthday Matt!
HAPPY Birthday! When mom and dad use to give you spankings I know you cried! You have gotten thicker skin now. Because I love all your kids...maybe more then you....hehehe. Love you Bro Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday, brother! I hope that you got my card. I love that story! LOVE it!
The family picture looks great, what a family. Tell Madalyn that her bangs look great.
Love you!
ROFL Beth you crack me up!!! Glad Matt had a great bday!
Post a Comment