Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Pre-Birthday Hayden!!

This weekend we went to Eugene and spent time with family. We celebrated Hayden's 7th birthday with his cousins. Mom and Aunt Tricia did an amazing job with the cake and decorations. It was a pirate theme and Darren and Tricia set up a treasure hunt. Mom bought a bunch of gifts and the kids found it at the end of the hunt. Tricia did a fantastic job on the cake and the kids had a ball. Hayden's official birthday is this coming Friday, but in our family we like to drag out birthdays as long as possible. So, this weekend we will do another fun party. Happy pre-birthday buddy!! Hayden blowing out the candles

Hayden making a wish! We wonder what it was?????

Look at that cake. Very nice work Tricia. Thanks Mom and Tricia for making this so nice!!

Madalyn, Taylor, Mom, Katelyn, Carter, Hayden, Hannah, Paige, Natalie (the back of their heads), and Bailey doing the twist.
All of the grandkids after finding their treasures.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Wow that sounds like fun! Are you guys having all the fun parties before we get there so you don't have to see us once we get to Oregon? The cake looks amazing and I loved seeing pictures of the kids! I even appreciated the picture of Dad, he looks Great!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness that cakes ROCKS! We missed being able to sing Happy Birthday to Hayden in primary. There's always next week! :)

Sean and Melissa said...

Hayden is soo grown up! The cake looks fantastic! Someday I hope I can do cakes like that. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Hayden!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

I wish, I wish I Hadn't had a cold so I could have come. But I am glad that the kids had fun. Mom has always done beautiful on the cakes and Tricia has learned from the best. They did a great job! Happy Birthday Hayden enjoy this FRIDAY. LOVE YOU Aunt FERFER

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME cake! Happy Early Birthday Hayden! Looks like a fun time was had by all :)

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! That looked like you guys had such a great time. The cake was amazing...and I think I might have to take lessons.