Saturday, August 29, 2009

SOCCER season has begun!

Today, Carter and Hayden had a soccer jamboree at their Elementary school. Each of them played 2 games. I have really been struggling with this whole soccer thing. Don't get me wrong. I love soccer! I played soccer for 8 years and would play again if I were in shape, but I am not. Anyway, there is only one soccer club out here where we live and so if you don't join here, you have to travel to another city and play. Matt has been wanting the boys to play soccer for a very long time and I have been holding off insisting that they will be fine to wait to start in a few years. Well, I was wrong. Soccer has come a long way and these kids are amazing players. When Matt went to the soccer office he called me and told me that it was going to cost us $250 to get started. Then today, we were told that we had to do a fundraiser to sell candy bars or if we chose to we could pay $50 for Carter and Hayden to opt out. I said, "even if we don't want to do the fundraiser we still have to pay." He said, "Yes". Money doesn't grow on trees you know. Well, as the morning went on, I stood there cheering Carter and Hayden on and I felt the excitement of soccer again. I couldn't even sit in our camping chairs because I was so excited. I then began to forget about the money and watch the boys run all over and have so much fun. It was a great morning.
The boys this morning before we left to their first games.

Carter has always loved Bulldozers and so playing by this one was very exciting to him. He is the one in the white shirt.

Carter's team had just scored and he was very excited for them.

Carter has another red shirt under his white shirt. I told him to take off the red and put on the white one only and he said, "Mom, I am not taking off my shirt in front of everyone."
Hence, 2 shirts on a muggy, warm day.

This picture of Hayden speaks volumes. This is Hayden's personality. The ball was all the way down at the other goal and he was jumping up and down and laughing. I love this boy!!


Here is Hayden chasing the ball before his opponent gets it. Keep going buddy!!

#19

5 comments:

Sean and Melissa said...

You boys look great! Have a great season!

Jill said...

I am so glad to see this. They will have a great time. Good job for getting them in there-- they've got the MOrrison competitive bone, I'm sure of it. Watch out! :)

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Tell me when games are so I can try to come and see some.

Ashlee said...

This brings back some memories! They look great and I hope we get to see some of their moves!!!

Kelly said...

The boys look so cute in their uniforms and they look so happy! I'm glad your feeling better about the money, it will be a lot of fun. I think our boys are gonna play each other again too!