Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Matt and I headed to my parents house for Thanksgiving. My brother and sister also came with their families. We had a great time playing board games, pinochle, football and of course eating a lot of food. Thanksgiving always has the best leftovers. The kids loved playing with their cousins. On Friday, we did the right thing and got up at 4:50 to go shopping (What were we thinking?). My parents live about 30 miles from a town that has the big stores. The good thing was that the lines at the stores we went to were short. We got the things that we wanted and arrived back at my parents house around 7:40am. The children hadn't even woke up yet. The weather was so pretty on Saturday and Sunday. The kids enjoyed going to the park and playing football. We love this time of year. Now, it is officially legal for me to play Christmas music.


My dad, sister Megan, nephew Hunter, my Mom, Paige and my brother Matt.

Paige making one of her many faces!

Bailey and Hayden playing at the park while Grandpa watches them.

The official 2009 Turkey Bowl!

Matt had such a busy work schedule that I packed all of his clothes for our 4 day trip. My sister-in-law also packed my brother Matt's clothes and when they came out of their rooms to help with Thanksgiving, they were twins. We had a good laugh on that one.

Madalyn and I on Thanksgiving morning.

My sister Megan and her daughter McKenna.
Paige and McKenna look a lot alike and I think that people could mistake them for fraternal twins.

Madalyn with her food.

Bailey eating her Thanksgiving meal.

Grandpa helping the kids.

Carda and Megs.

Carda, Me, Meg and my Mom.

Finishing up our meal.

Matt and my Dad in the tree stringing Christmas lights. The Morrison family has a special relationship with trees. Someday, I will tell you all about that relationship.

My Dad, my brother Matt and my brother in law, R.J.

My wonderful DAD!

Paige was happily reunited with Zip her favorite dog.

5 comments:

Sean and Melissa said...

We're glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving! We love you guys!!

Lori said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! You and your sister look a lot alike!

Carrie said...

I love looking at your posts! Everyone always has so much fun! Looks like a great time had by all and I'm so glad Paige and Zip were reunited. You and your sis are gorgeous!

Jill said...

I love the holidays. Good job at kicking it off. And good work on black Friday!

Kelly said...

I love your sisters big smile and the way the two Matts dressed alike! Glad you had a great holiday!