Sunday, February 21, 2010

2nd Ski Trip of the Season

Matt's 2nd BLOG POST

Due to behavior we found ourselves with an opening in our ski foursome (Hayden was bumped to our next ski trip). So, Bailey jumped in at the last minute. I was a little nervous at taking a kindergartener, but it turned out to be a really great decision. Most of the kids started skiing when they were in the 1st grade. I felt that I might have been pushing my patience by trying to teach a kindergartner to ski. I knew that I was asking for trouble, so... I mentally prepared myself. Thinking back now to our tubing trip last Monday it should not have surprised me that Bailey turns out to be a natural dare devil. She has more of Hayden in her than I realized. We hit the kiddy run and by lunch time she was heading down the hill with no problem. She actually wanted to stay and ski (which brought a tear to my eye). After lunch we did two small runs and then Carter, Bailey, and myself hit a long and easy green run. Bailey did great! Man can that girl sno-plow with the best of them. We did crash a coulple of times, but overall she was on her own. Madalyn, me, Carter and Bailey getting ready to head up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. It was a beautiful day with the bluest sky.

In the lodge, set and ready to go. We realized as we packed that Bailey has very little true snow apparel so she really seems to be a hog pog of color.

Yes, somewhere in there is Bailey the "Fearless". I gave her an "A+" for fearlessness. A "B-" for patience in line (she liked to cut line) and a solid "D" for turning. I guess we can work on the turning part later. You might notice my little handy dandy strap that hooks your ski tips together. A must for beginners!Carter is getting better and better. Here he is just heading up the chairlift next to the lodge. He begged and begged to get me to hit some other runs, which we did before lunch and at the end of the day.

Here we are at the end of the day. The day might have been sunny, but the wind was something fierce that day. What a bunch of troopers.
Mt. Hood! The two top chair lifts where closed due to the wind, but there where plenty of other places to ski. I was really sad! But is was another sucessful ski trip.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

What a beautiful day to go skiing! So glad that the kids are enjoying a ski day with their dad :)

Carrie said...

I was about to compliment Beth on her awesome blogging skills. Now I must say...awesome blogging skills Matt! :) Looks like a great time was had by all!

Kelly said...

You sure are doing your part to train the future olympic skiers! Glad you had a good day and some sunshine!