Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Madalyn's 2nd Track Meet

I forget how 6th graders feel about having their pictures taken in front of their peers by their parents of all people. I grabbed the camera and Madalyn said, "Mom please not now". I said, "stand there and let me take your picture with the kids." She was not very happy. Matt looked at me and said, "honey, hello she is a middle schooler she doesn't like us acting like this". Anyway, I ignored her and took the picture. This picture was the result of my simple request.


The whole gang excluding me and the baby.


Waiting in line for her time to throw the shot put.

Paige wanting water very bad. Thank heavens that I had some in my purse. I didn't know that Matt had taken this picture but I thought I would put it in the blog so that you all could see how cute Paige's backside is!!!!

Look at this beautiful shot putter!!

Making her third attempt.

Time to measure it.

Oh Yeah!!! She got her PR. 17ft. 10in.

All of the sudden Matt and I start laughing because we both said, "wait PR doesn't stand for personal best. That would be PB." In this picture Matt is laughing and Madalyn and Carter don't think that it is as funny as we do. Then all of the sudden we realize that PR means personal record. At least we hope!

WAY TO GO MADALYN!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

AWESOME!!! Tell Madalyn we say CONGRATS!! :) And a PR, to boot!

Jill said...

HOoray for Madalyn! I was a shot-putter, what a sport. :)

Ashlee said...

I too was a shot-putter-It is in your blood! Grandpa is so proud I am sure! You have good form! PR does stand for personal record just to back you up! :)

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe she is in 6th grade and doing track! I look at those pictures and I feel like I am looking at myself. :) Except Madalyn is so much more prettier than I was at the age and I am sure a better thrower. Go shot-put throwers! Does she do any of the other events? I too was thinking to myself that PR doesn't mean Personal Best! haha. Thanks for clarifying. Love you guys

Kelly said...

OK that was funny, you and Matt are very silly I love the look on his face in the family one. Only you would want a family picture at your daughters track. Yes Paige's backside is super cute, hope Madalyn likes track it can be very fun!