Saturday, June 26, 2010

Newell life as we know it.

Mom and Dad left us yesterday to head home. I am sad that they are gone. They were such a huge help to me and the kids. You forget many things about having a new baby. I think that the biggest adjustment for our lives right now is trying to get on a schedule. I have forgotten how much time it takes to get everything ready and done so that we can go somewhere, eat a meal, or get some sleep!! This last week and a half has flown by. Gannon is a wonderful baby. He is very calm, which I prayed for. Now that could all change, but for right now I am enjoying it. He has been sleeping very well. Last night Matt stayed up with him while I slept for a good 5 hours. I really needed that. These are just a few pictures of what we have been doing the last week and a half.

Gannon up in the evening before bedtime.


Matt with our little guy before bed. Check out the double chin. Isn't that cute?

We had a family BBQ when he was 5 days old. We had great food and company.

Gannon at his first BBQ

Everybody sitting down to eat some hamburgers, hot dogs, and salads.

I have had a few visitors come over to see Gannon and this is my friend Anna with her two girls.

Grandma bathing Gannon for me so that I could take him to his first doctors appointment. I have really been miscalculating time and having him fed, changed and happy.

Our little Gannon just hanging out in his bouncer. Thank you Carrie!!!

The kids had their cousins here to stay the night. This is Paige and Natalie playing mommy and sister with their babies.

Hayden and Katelyn playing a board game.

Cousin Laurie, Aunt Ann, Uncle Heber and Scott stopped by to see Gannon on their way to Washington. Thanks for coming you guys.

6 comments:

Sean and Melissa said...

What a cute little guy! That's great that you were able to have some help for a little while. It's so nice while you're adjusting.

Liz said...

Glad to hear all is going well! Gannon is sooo darn cute! :D CONRATS again!!!

Ashlee said...

He is adorable and I am glad that we finally got to meet him. I hope that he continues to do well for you! The boys keep telling us that we need to go to Portland and I think they are right-we had a lot of fun with you guys!

Carrie said...

I'm loving the blog updates! Maybe I should follow your example... or not LOL! Talk to you soon!

Kelly said...

That baby just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love those cheeks. Take it easy and try to get some rest!

Chel said...

He's beautiful-! What a wonderful addition to your sweet family. Congrats and good luck sleeping!