Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthdays, Fireworks, and Seaside

All of my days are blending together lately. Last week, I turned 36. We have so many things going on that we weren't able to do much. Matt had work and I have little Gannon to take care of. We waited until we went to Eugene and I had Matt go and get my favorite cake from Market of Choice. The cake was delicious. It is a little spendy but it is worth every bite.

For the weekend we had a bbq with some family friends. The kids went on a hike, walked in a parade, swam, played with cousins, watched tv, set off fireworks and ate great food.

On Sunday night, we headed to Seaside and stayed for 3 nights. The kids really loved the many activities that we did and enjoyed the great weather that we had. It is hard to come home when you are enjoying yourself on vacation. I have put tons of pictures so enjoy!!


Singing happy birthday to me.

Blow out the candles.

The kids playing with their sparklers.

Mom and Ashlee

Ashlee, Jeff, Tyler and Ben.

Saturday morning we headed to the ward breakfast in matching shirts. It was a chilly morning but the food was very good and the kids had fun.

Jeff, and Tyler.

Matt and his little sister Ashlee.

Grandma with Bailey and Paige.

Ty Ty on his trike.

Carter pulled the little girls around in the decorated wagon. The night before, Mom, Ashlee, and Jeff decorated the bikes, and wagon. They did a great job.

Matt and I. Letting the sparks fly.

Hayden with his cupcake and hat that grandma bought for the boys.

Look at those yummy cupcakes.

Bailey looking at Ben's art work that he had painted on his face. She was very excited about her rainbow that she had painted on her face.

Our family on Gannon's first 4th of July.

When we got home, Matt really wanted to take the kids on a hike up Spencer's Butte. Some of the kids were excited but others were not. Jeff took his two boys and they seemed to really enjoy it in the end. No poison oak.

Madalyn on the trail.

Paige saying, "save me Bailey and Madalyn"!

Carter spent his time with his little cousin Ben. Carter is so good with little children. He is like his dad.

Matt and the children on top of Spencer's Butte.

Jeff with Ty Ty and Ben at the top of the Butte.

Yeah!! We did it.

Tuckered out after a long day and a long hike.

Grandma Lake, Leslie, Kim and Kelly.
In the evening the Lakes, Hopkins, and Wilkinson's came over and had a bbq. It was very fun! We just ate and hung out talking. Could life get any better than that.

Pete being a goof ball with the kids.

Matt, Kevin, and Rob being weird! No, they were just bbqing.

Grandpa and Bailey Jane.

The boys loved lighting the fireworks. They felt so mature. It scared me to death.

Madalyn and Ben.

Matthew and Gannon. Happy 4th Gannon boy!

I was hoping his little ears would survive the whistlers. Look at Gannon screaming and me a little nervous.

Most of the group on Saturday night.

Family picture time for the Krebs family. I loved this picture of them trying to get the boys to cooperate. We understand that.

Krebs Family.

Ben

Tyler

We took the kids to Astoria to go to an aquatic center. Matt swam with them and I sat and watched with Gannon. They had a great time.

The kids with Matt.

The whirlwind.

The Column in Astoria.

Beautiful city of Astoria.

The kids looking over the balcony at the top. Carter was afraid to go to the top. We learned in Disneyland that he is afraid of heights.

Madalyn and Hayden on the bumper cars in Seaside.

In the back you can see Matt, Bailey, Carter and Hayden.

Matt and all the kids after having whiplash on the bumper cars.

Salt water taffy. Yeah!

Playing cards at our little pad.

The best corn dogs on the west coast. Pronto Pups!

Paige eating her Pronto Pups.

Matt, Carter and Hayden eating Pronto pups in front of the bumper cars.
We first tried these in 2005.

Flying our kite on the beach.

Hayden holding the kite for Carter.

Bailey flying the kite.

Matt went and bought me an umberella so that I could be on the beach with Gannon. The wind was very strong. It was a perfect set up.

Matt helping Paige fly the kite.

The boys playing in the ocean.

Paige wanted to be by everyone but not swim. I took her down to the water and not much later she was ready to return to our umberella (so was I).

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

You got MUCH better shots of the weekend than I did. I hope you don't mind if I steal a few-I promise to give you the credit though:)
It was so fun spending the weekend with you. Love you all and glad that you had a fun family vacation!

Amber said...

Such great pictures! I am so glad you posted because I have been wanting to see how the 4th was for you guys! It looked like you guys had a blast! Astoria looked gorgeous! I will have to go there one day. :)
Miss and love you guys

Jill said...

I love seeing this! I'm so glad that you've had so much fun. xoxo

Kelly said...

What a great time..BBQ's and family time! Didn't know astoria had a water park...very fun! Looks like you guys had great weather on the beach! Welcome Home