Friday, August 6, 2010

Madalyn goes to Girls Camp.

It is hard to believe that our oldest is off to girls camp. It feels like yesterday when I went to camp. I loved girls camp so much. I have been praying everyday that Madalyn is having a wonderful time and that she is building strong friendships. She was so excited about going. She took all of her stuff to her young women presidents house 2 nights before and anxiously awaited for the day to arrive to leave. We have really missed her a lot and look forward to have her home and tell us all about her week.




This is Madalyn eating her breakfast of champions before she leaves for camp. Matt asked her if she wanted a special breakfast and she said no I just want Honeycombs. Well, that is easy.







In the van getting ready to head to her first year of girls camp with her friend Cameron.




RETURNING HOME!!!!!!!!!

As Matt drove into the parking lot with all the kids except Gannon and myself, he was surprised to see Madalyn running towards the SUV. This pose is the best shot as she stops the car and started hugging everyone. We are not sure what camp did to Madalyn but we like it!


Paige was so happy to see Madalyn and Madalyn was sure happy to smell someone fresh and clean like Paige!

Though this picture might not show how excited the boys were they had a blast as Madalyn showed them some self defense moves that they taught her at girls camp. Even the boys were impressed. I am sure these will come in handy at home.

Bailey was thrilled to see her older and wiser sister. Sisters gotta hug! Can you feel the LOVE.





I could not have asked for a better oldest daughter. I had been praying day in and day out that Madalyn would have a great experience at camp and wow did she ever. You could hear it in her voice and feel it when she spoke about her experiences. Now if we could just hold on to this Madalyn for a couple of more weeks. Matt thought it was nice to have our in-house babysitter back from vacation.

The fruits of Madalyn's work all week the young womans camp necklace!!!!!!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Go Girls Camp!!! I loved it too and I am sure that Madalyn is enjoying every thing it has to offer-can't wait to hear all about it!

love mom and ashlee

Cathy said...

Okay, I have to confess that I got a little teary eyed while reading about how much fun she had, and how big your little girl has gotten. I love girls camp, and I'm so glad she had a great time.

Jill said...

i loved reading this. the before and after photos of her are perfect.

like cathy, i too, got a little teary-eyed reading about her experience. girls camp is the best.

i am sooooo glad she had fun too!

did mom really write that comment?! :)

Selena said...

I am so glad that Madalyn had a great time! We worked hard and played hard. She is an awesome young lady, I am so glad that I was able to be there with her. Thanks for raising such a good girl! And, even though we had lots of fun, I am happy that you have your little babysitter back ;)