Monday, November 15, 2010

After 16 years of marriage, we have bought our 1st............

NEW COUCH. This weekend Matt & I bit the bullet and bought our first NEW couch. We have always had a used couch and finally it fell apart. We have been looking to buy for several months but we didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. Matt wanted a sectional, I wanted leather, and it had to be close to our home. We like to find good deals so we always look at a bargain outlet store close to our home. This couch arrived on Saturday morning at the outlet store & we saw it around 5, the store was closing at 6. We talked for a while and I negotiated with the sales clerk. You see the couch had a broken support beam underneath one of the cushions. Anyway, in the end we paid $400 and used our neighbors trailer to haul it home 10 minutes before the store closed. Matt fixed the support beam with our neighbor and now it sits beautifully in our living room. We are going to be buying an overstuffed chair to also go in our living room. Wish us the best of luck with that.

Here is the new chocolate brown sectional. This rug is our old rug that we pulled out from the garage. I would like to get a light cream colored oval rug to lighten the room. What do you all think?

The couch is even cuter with all of our children on it. This is just our little Gannon showing that he is a big boy and sitting up well! Madalyn is right close by to catch him if he falls.

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to come and sit on it! How exciting! I think that the rug looks great but I can understand that you might want to lighten the room up.Yeah for good deals!

Jill said...

love it! and love gannon sitting there on it. good luck with the chair!

Amber said...

Beautiful! You guys deserve a nice couch. :) I love little Gannon sitting there all by himself, haha so cute! Love you guys!

Sean and Melissa said...

It looks great! New furniture is so much fun and it's amazing how it transforms the room. Congrats!

Carrie said...

LOVELY! But Gannon is cuter than the couch. ;-)

Julie said...

i love it! congrats! you deserve it!

Megan and RJ said...

Way to go Beth. No offense, but it was time.

Kelly said...

What a sweet deal! Love the couch, Gannon looks super cute sitting there, Hope it doesn't take another 16 years to pick out a chair!