Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day!!

This was a wonderful weekend for me! Matt finished some projects for me and the kids made me sweet gifts. I started the weekend off with sunshine on Friday. We have really missed the sunshine around here. We are hoping that it will come again soon. Paige, Gannon and I spent a little fun time outside together on the swings and trampoline. Saturday, I told Matt that there were some things that I really wanted done and that these things could replace any presents that he would go out and buy with the kids that day!! I wanted a set of couchs taken to the dump along with a freezer. He willingly did that with the boys and then returned home and helped the kids and I clean up the house. We then traveled to see our niece perform in the play Beauty and the Beast. She did a wonderful job. We had a great evening with the kids and cousins. On our way home at 10:45, Matt ran into Winco and bought groceries to make me breakfast and dinner. We arrived home around 11:15 tired and ready to fall asleep. Instead of much needed rest, Matt and Madalyn cleaned up the garage so that I could park the Sequoia back inside of it. I felt very thankful. In the morning I got breakfast and gifts. Instead of arguing to get the kids ready for church we were all happy and helpful. I wish every Sunday was Mother's Day!! After church, Matt made me a steak dinner with my favorite treat: strawberry cheesecake from Costco. I am one lucky woman!!

Gannon bundled up on the swing that Paige got as a gift on her 1st birthday!

Mt. Hood from our backyard.

Paige jumping on the trampoline.

Riding her 3 wheeler.

The pretty tree in our front yard.

I love chocolate orange sticks. Matt bought me a small bag in bulk at Winco. He then drizzled white chocolate on all 3 of them. Oh so good.

Gannon's top teeth are coming through. The left one has come through.
As I waited for breakfast, I caught up on his baby book.

Yeah for mommy!

Matt made me his famous omelette's.
Oh so very good! Hayden wanted to take the camera and get a family picture!

Madalyn painted this picture for me.

Matt got me roses and strawberry cheesecake.

Hayden wrote me a beautiful letter at school and then after breakfast he made a 7 clue scavenger hunt. It was very fun.

Carter made me a plaque that said, "I Love You Mom".
Very special.
I have it hanging in the kitchen right now.

Bailey gave me a plant and a magnet. Paige made me a card with her hand prints. I had a wonderful day. These are my gifts from Matt and the kids.

3 comments:

Michelle Lanae HRH said...

super cute your family did a great job for you on mothers day Im at grandma anns so I just called my mommy and made dinner for grandma I dont think it was as impressive

Ashlee said...

Sounds like it was Heaven! I am impressed with Madalyn's watercolor! All your gifts were great though!

Amber said...

Happy Mother's Day Beth! Those gifts from the kids are priceless..love it! I hope to be a mother like you :)