Monday, May 2, 2011

FAMILY

This weekend we traveled to Eugene to watch football, go to Wicked, be with family and celebrate my brothers 40th birthday!

The kids did not have school on Friday so we hung around the house playing. The kids wanted to build a fort. Hayden led the pack and started constructing the best fort that I have seen in 10 years! He loves to build things. Bailey, Paige and Carter joined in and helped him put blankets all over the chairs. I think that almost every blanket in the house was used. They spent the morning playing all sorts of games. Hayden even built a play area for Gannon. He called it the "daycare center". After Matt got home, we went to Eugene to start a very busy Saturday. Matt took the 4 oldest to an Oregon Duck Spring game with my 2 brothers Matt and Dave. I stayed at the house and watched all of the little kids. After the game, the kids played football and basketball together. Then we ate pizza and cake to celebrate Dave's 40th birthday. Matt and I hurried and got ready to go to Wicked with Tricia and Darren that evening. GREAT SHOW!! Ashlee and Jeff watched the children. Thanks!! Sunday morning we woke up early, packed the car and hurried home to get ready for church. We arrived with 3 minutes to go and took a sigh of relief knowing that we could now relax and enjoy the next 3 hours! What a weekend.

The kids standing by the fort!

Hayden's daycare center for Gannon.

Carter and Hayden's room!

A side shot of the FORT.

Bailey and Paige's room.

In Eugene, Paige played with her cousins.
Rachel and Paige playing Barbie's.

The kids enjoyed jumping on the trampoline.

Christine and Brooklyn.

Cute Gannon in the stroller.

Ashlee and William.

Jarom, Parker and Carter.

Dave blowing out his 4T candles.

Yummy cake!

My brother Dave.
Matt and I bought Dave a BYU shirt for his birthday.
He looked very good in it!!

Christine bought Dave Ticket to Ride Europe. We all love Ticket to Ride.

2 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

That IS one awesome fort! Such creative kids. Hope you had a marvelous time at Wicked. That's one we'd love to see.

Amber said...

Looks like so much fun! I love that Hayden made the fort, it looks awesome. I love the picture of Gannon with his teeth coming in. He looks like an old man.. haha. Love you guys. :)