Beth and Jen have worked so hard to get this blog together I thought I should say a few words. First and foremost things have really been great! Life just seems to get better and better as time moves on. Or is it really that things get better....maybe it's more that we learn to handle life better. Either way we are enjoying the moment for a while.
An Ode to Beth
Beth is a fantastic wife, mother, best friend, and more. She would never agree, but that is really what makes her so wonderful. Many of you know how amazing she really is. I have never felt so comfortable with such a person. Actually I don't think I have ever been with another for as long as I have been with Beth. But it really doesn't matter how long you know Beth to feel comfortable around her. I have seen almost complete strangers share their life story with my wife. The crazy thing is she cares about complete strangers just about as much as she cares for her closest family members and friends. Beth cares! I can't tell you how many times I have told her not to care so much....but she doesn't listen to me-- thank goodness.
Being married to Beth I have come to many of lives conclusion. I have come to a realization in my life that when Beth and I have to make a decision in our life about things... 99% of the time I should just listen to her. Now mind you, I still get 1% of the time to be correct. I can argue all I want but in the end I usually say, "Good call honey!", or "I wish I would have followed your advise," or I just say nothing. Rarely do I get to say, "I told you so!" At first I might have been annoyed that someone could be so right most of the time, but it sure is nice to have someone close to you that helps to clean things up. I love Beth most of all for her willingness to follow the Lord. A little cliche, but I don't really care. I am a better person because of Beth. With all our faults we still love each other more and more. Another great characteristic of Beth is her desire to finish projects. I, on the other hand, enjoy taking my time. I call it "getting it done right the first time." or for the rest of you it might be called procrastination. Beth wants it done right now... not tomorrow...and she definitely is willing to make the sacrifices to get things done. This is a great characteristic that balances out our relationship. If I didn't have Beth pushing me and if she didn't have me slowing things down at times we would be in a heap of hurt. Luckily the balance is good and equals us out. So here I go....I just wanted to say a few words about the wonderful woman that I call my eternal companion, friend, wife and mother to our lovely 5 children. May we grow old together and enjoy these timeless moments.....Love Beth's Husband
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Can't wait for all your wonderful happenings to be shared with all the world. Love it all!
matt,
odes are usually created when someone has died, do you have something to tell us? or should i call the cops?
just joking!
i actually hope that i can get someone to say the same things about me one day (be it in the millenium).
love you, brother.
Love the blog and I am so excited that you have one now. This will be great! :) Love what you said about Beth, you all are wonderful.
What a hubby! and what a wife! You two are quite the combo. Thanks for your example. Love you!
Matt--you rock for writing about your lovely wife. And it's true--she'll probably deny it all. I'm so glad you two are blogging! Now I'll be able to peek in your lives and feel like we live closer.
I am so happy you guys have got a blog! I hate not knowing what's going on in your lives. :) I love the "Ode to Beth". Matt, you did a great job perhaps you could get Aaron to do something like that. :)
I love you Beth! You are amazing, that is for sure.
Hello Matt, Beth and family! A little birdy told me about your site. I am excited to see how everyone is doing. That was really sweet post Matt. I will have to have Scott come and read it but after the Superbowl! Go Steelers! Take care - we miss you.
Natalie, Scott and kids!
www.scottnatalieandkids.blogspot.com
Post a Comment