Happy Easter to everyone. This weekend was great. We went to Eugene and spent time with family. Before we left for Eugene, Rich, Julie and Isabella came from Arizona for 2 nights. We played games and ate food. Matt and I went to Outback for the first time with Rich and Julie. Good food!!
On Friday, Madalyn had a geography B at her elementary school and she did awesome. She placed 9th out of 20 kids. Way to go Ma!!!
Friday afternoon Rich, Julie, and I headed to Eugene with the little kids. Friday night Matt, Rich Julie and I played an intense game of Settlers of Zarahemla. Matt won by default and that is all I will say about that (lol). Everybody else arrived late Friday night and Saturday morning. We dyed eggs, ate food, rolled eggs, ate food, watched Marley and Me (good movie), ate and visited. We celebrated Natalie, Paige's and Isabella's birthday Sunday afternoon also. It was lots of fun. On Sunday, we went to church and then had a yummy ham dinner. Thanks for a great weekend everybody!!

Madalyn standing at the microphone at her Geography B.

She was contestant #7. What a beautiful girl.

Grandpa looking all dapper.

Darren, Rich and Matt went running on Saturday morning. What a bunch of studs!

Tricia is very talented and made these bear cakes for Paige, Natalie, and Isabella.

Jen, Me and Julie getting ready for the day on Saturday! As you can see they wanted me to take this picture. I was a little pushy. Sorry!!!

Matt and his sister Tricia! You can't tell that they are siblings can you?

The cousins, Taylor, Madalyn and Hannah jumping on the trampoline.

Mom bought a new swing for the backyard and so Natalie and Paige swung together several times during the weekend.

Dying Easter eggs.

Another cousin picture. Katelyn, Hannah and Hayden.

Mom helping the oldest grand kids spin their eggs.

Me, Paige and Bailey dying eggs.

Matt, Rich and Darren getting back from their 30 minute run. What a tough crowd.

Isabella and Julie!

Julie, Isabella and Rich.

Jen painted Natalie and Paige's fingernails. Thanks Fer Fer you are awesome!

We had a teddy bear picnic in the front yard on Saturday and the kids were troopers. It was a little chilly for the picnic, but they didn't let it shake them.

Jen, Mom, Me, Tricia and Julie working in the kitchen.

Hayden and Carter showed me their eggs before we started the egg roll then........

they started wrestling at the bottom of the hill for their individual eggs.

Matt showing me his two eggs.

Jen and Isabella at the Easter egg roll.

Here's the whole group getting ready for the countdown to roll those eggs.

Tricia, Dad and Jen keeping warm. No, they are just hugging so that I can get a great picture!

The adults! We all have a little kid in us still, right?

The Lakes had planted some pretty flowers on the top of a rock and Jen pointed it out to us as we drove down the driveway. I thought that it was really pretty, so I took a picture

Easter morning!

We ate in rounds with some of the meals. This was the adults round for Easter morning breakfast. Lady's, thank you for all of the great food we ate.

Mom and Dad with almost all of the grandchildren. What a good looking group!

The women folk!

Paige kissing her birthday cake. What a cutie!
7 comments:
What fun memories. It looks like you went all out. Wow!
I loved reading the blog and seeing the pictures. I am sad I missed the fun....
Everyone looks so good.
I too loved seeing home filled with the family and am sad we weren't there. Glad you had so much fun!Way to go Madalyn on the Geography Bee!
Looks like a great time as always with the Newell's! ;-) Tell me more about the egg rolling thing though! :)
Sooo fun! :D Glad to see you guys had a great weekend. :D
i love seeing the pictures! thanks for posting them. everyone looks great. good job, ma, with the spelling bee!
I'm also curious about the egg roll. You guys sure packed a lot into a weekend. Looked like a lot of fun, those bear cakes are adorable!
Post a Comment