Last week we took the kids to the Portland Zoo. We invited my friends 2 little girls and Madalyn brought a friend. We thought that it was going to rain all day, but it ended up being the perfect day. We had a little sunshine and over cast skies. The kids saw almost all of the animals except for the grizzly bear. Before we went into the zoo, we ate lunch in the back of our 2 cars in the Zoo parking lot. We wanted to make sure that the kids had full bellies. They all walked around without complaining and enjoyed seeing the animals. It was a great trip.

The kids eating their lunches the back of our Previa.

The lunch crew.

We have a year membership at the Zoo. Do you see this long line? Well, they let us bypass that and go right in. I love being a member of something!! There are perks.

Looking at the OWL!

Our friendly neighborhood Bears.
The kids loved the Polar Bear.
He knew how to entertain the crowd.

Matt and Carter fished at the Zoo and this is what they caught.

Standing by the water hole.

Hayden had this fascination with his Zoo map.
We designated him our Zoo guide. He knew his way around the Zoo quite well.

Matt and the girls.

The new baby elephant that was born this last winter.
Isn't that precious?
7 comments:
The Zoo! I can't believe we haven't been once this summer! Looks like you had a blast.
Looks like fun! We were there last summer when that elephant was pregnant. So glad to see that she had the baby. Boy did she look uncomfortable!
I miss going to the Zoo. I hate going here in Arizona because it is too hot!! I loved seeing all of the kids. I miss you guys. I can't wait to see you in 4 weeks!! love you.
Looks like fun! Are all the exhibits back open now?
so fun! see you soon! xoxo
Love the baby elephant, my kids also love the zoo map. Every family needs to go to the zoo during the summer, I think we have a great zoo and the membership is the only way to go!
so fun! You guys really are super hero parents! I don't know how you do it!! Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment