I woke up early and made him breakfast. He still felt a little weak so I tried to make a protein packed breakfast. For the last 5 years, on Matt's birthday, I go to the school and take doughnuts to all the staff. It is just something fun to do and now it is tradition so you can't stop. Some of the High School staff were a little perplexed at why they were getting the doughnuts on MATT'S birthday. You can't break a tradition, I say!! Paige and Bailey helped me make Matt his favorite cake called German Chocolate and that was fun. Paige and I went grocery shopping to make Matt's birthday dinner. He wanted hamburger's and french fries. That made my life easy. So, Paige and I came home and finished the best touch on the cake and made homemade German chocolate frosting!!! Oh so good. I also realized that for the last 15 years, I have been putting egg whites instead of egg yokes in the recipe. I always would tell Mom that her German chocolate frosting tasted better than mine and now I know why!! I worked on dinner and Matt came home to enjoy our family as we had a summer style meal. Matt's friend Rich came by to wish him Happy Birthday and see how he was doing and had cake with us. Now, Matt is at his Wednesday night meetings at the church and I am blogging about the day. Anyway, Happy Birthday honey. We all love you very much! You really are the best.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Happy Birthday Matt!
Matt is officially 37 years old and he does feel a little older!! At least that is what he said to me tonight. The problem isn't because he is older, it is because the last 2 days he has had a kidney stone attack again. This is the 3rd time he has had them. Those of you that have had them will understand what I am saying. This morning, he was able to go to work and get things done. On his birthday of course!!!
I woke up early and made him breakfast. He still felt a little weak so I tried to make a protein packed breakfast. For the last 5 years, on Matt's birthday, I go to the school and take doughnuts to all the staff. It is just something fun to do and now it is tradition so you can't stop. Some of the High School staff were a little perplexed at why they were getting the doughnuts on MATT'S birthday. You can't break a tradition, I say!! Paige and Bailey helped me make Matt his favorite cake called German Chocolate and that was fun. Paige and I went grocery shopping to make Matt's birthday dinner. He wanted hamburger's and french fries. That made my life easy. So, Paige and I came home and finished the best touch on the cake and made homemade German chocolate frosting!!! Oh so good. I also realized that for the last 15 years, I have been putting egg whites instead of egg yokes in the recipe. I always would tell Mom that her German chocolate frosting tasted better than mine and now I know why!! I worked on dinner and Matt came home to enjoy our family as we had a summer style meal. Matt's friend Rich came by to wish him Happy Birthday and see how he was doing and had cake with us. Now, Matt is at his Wednesday night meetings at the church and I am blogging about the day. Anyway, Happy Birthday honey. We all love you very much! You really are the best.
I took this picture of Matt around 6:15am as he was getting ready for work. He is trying to muster the strength to have energy for the day!
This is Matt the day before his birthday trying to recover from the attack of his kidneys. I could make a movie about this. Poor guy!
Here he is eating his yummy breakfast (really it was nothing fancy. I didn't have very many delicious food on hand to make it spectacular) Eggs, ham, oranges, and orange juice!
I woke up early and made him breakfast. He still felt a little weak so I tried to make a protein packed breakfast. For the last 5 years, on Matt's birthday, I go to the school and take doughnuts to all the staff. It is just something fun to do and now it is tradition so you can't stop. Some of the High School staff were a little perplexed at why they were getting the doughnuts on MATT'S birthday. You can't break a tradition, I say!! Paige and Bailey helped me make Matt his favorite cake called German Chocolate and that was fun. Paige and I went grocery shopping to make Matt's birthday dinner. He wanted hamburger's and french fries. That made my life easy. So, Paige and I came home and finished the best touch on the cake and made homemade German chocolate frosting!!! Oh so good. I also realized that for the last 15 years, I have been putting egg whites instead of egg yokes in the recipe. I always would tell Mom that her German chocolate frosting tasted better than mine and now I know why!! I worked on dinner and Matt came home to enjoy our family as we had a summer style meal. Matt's friend Rich came by to wish him Happy Birthday and see how he was doing and had cake with us. Now, Matt is at his Wednesday night meetings at the church and I am blogging about the day. Anyway, Happy Birthday honey. We all love you very much! You really are the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Matt!!! I still remember when Mom helped you remember your birthday and everytime she would see you she would ask you when your birthday was... :) Us Rodericks Sure Love you Newells.... And sheeeeeeeeeeesh there are sure alot of them to LOVE!!! Wishing you all the best and praying you have had the last of the kidney attacks!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Matt! That cake looks delicious! Hope you're feeling better soon. If gall stones are anything like kidney stones, they're no fun at all. Worse than labor! Love you guys!
YOu are a great wife to take doughets and get up early to make him breakfast. THe pic of him on the couch is funny but also sad. Hope he feels better! Good job on the cake German chocolate is one of my favorites!
Happy birthday, birthday boy.
I would love to come over for cake. I love German chocolate, but I am the only one in the family that likes coconut. So I have to settle for the sly, stolen moments of a Safeway cake slice that is just not the same a homemade goodness.
I'm glad Matt is feeling better.
Happy Late Birthday Matt! I am the worst sister and did not call on your birthday. I think that is a first for me. I am so sorry! I blame on school and studying. I hope it was a fun day! I miss eating that cake, I haven't had it since I lived at home. It looked awesome Beth. :) I love you guys and will call today.
-Amber
Happy Birthday Matt! Good job wifie! I may still stop by...
Happy Birthday Matt!
Side note: It looks like Bailey is about to walk out into a snow storm in that picture of her holding the cake. Maybe your house is just cold?
Happy Birthday Matt. You still look the same,but are obviously improving with age.
Post a Comment