Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Love's in my life!

WISHING ALL OF YOU A VERY HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

With Valentine's approaching tomorrow I have been thinking about a few of the things in this life that I love very much. There are many more, but I have just taken a few pictures that I have and have made this blog.

First, I thought about the Savior and how everything in my life is possible because of him. He came to this earth and set the perfect example for me to try and follow in all aspects of my life. I love him very much. He did the ultimate sacrifice for me so that I could have the opportunity to repent, change and become better everyday.

Of course the love of my life, Matt. I met him when I was 14 years old at a church dance in Eugene. Ever since high school he has been my best friend. He is everything that I ever wished for as a young girl. He makes me laugh, do better, be kinder, more patient, enjoy life, keep perspective, and do everything in life that I desire. I wouldn't want to experience life without him. I love him very much!

My children are also my great loves. I am so blessed to have been able to have children. They each have taught me traits that make me a better person. I am grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted me with his children. Madalyn is the most loving child, she forgives very quickly, and is very gentle. Carter is thoughtful, kind, service oriented, and eager to do the right thing. Hayden's pregnancy changed who I was. He is full of life, sweet, lovable, tells me regularly that he loves me without being provoked, and is very independent. Bailey is my little mother, she is a nurturer through and through. She is so smart and thoughtful of others needs and feelings. She is also a very sensitive soul. Paige is a parent magnet, she always wants to be with us and gives lots of hugs and kisses. More than anything else that I have done in life, my children and Matt have changed me the most.

Another one of my greatest loves is FAMILY. Extended and immediate. I have been so blessed to have wonderful brothers and sisters in laws. They have given me love and acceptance and taught me many things in our marriage of 15 years. I love my nieces and nephews and love that our children can be together and learn about life and it's joys.

I love my family very much. My parents taught me the gospel. My brothers and my sister are so special to me. They have married people who have each helped me through lives experiences and made me a better person. I know that Heavenly Father sent me to this family specifically to be the person that I am today. Nothing happens by chance. I love you each very much.

Another one of my great loves in life is friendships. I have met the greatest people throughout my entire life that have changed me for the better and lifted my spirits in good times and bad. I am so happy that Heavenly Father knew that we all needed really good friends. I am thankful for all of you reading this blog. You are a great blessing and gift in my life. Thank you!! I love you all!!

"All of us will be tested. And all of us need true friends to love us, to listen to us, to show us the way, and to testify of truth to us." Henry B. Eyring

Friends!!!!

I love the scriptures! I love to read them and learn about truth. Many times when I am experiencing challenges during a day, or week, I desire to get some comfort and one of the things that really brings me that comfort is the scriptures. I love the Book of Mormon. I read it for the first time when I was 13 years old and it changed my life for the very best. Many of my concerns in life have been answered or comforted while reading the scriptures. They testify of Jesus Christ and help me to understand my purpose in this life.

And last of this blog but surely not least, is food. I love food. I love to look at this picture and I smile. I am so happy that I get to fuel my body with FOOD. Many great experiences in life have involved food. For example, family parties, holidays, visits to friends, weddings, sitting around the dinner table, traveling to visit family and friends. Food is a center in our lives. Food brings me joy in a good way of course! Moderation!!!!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Such a perfect reminder of all the good things in life (especially the food part LOL)! I too love looking at my life and seeing all the wonderful things there are and all the awesome people that I know! Once again ... YOU ROCK BETH!

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful and happy post. I smiled a lot while reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Ashlee said...

I love a lot of your loves too :)

Anonymous said...

Bethy - you're awesome!

Liz said...

Love your post. :) You phrased it all perfectly....

Thanks for sharing. :)

Kelly said...

Love that pic of you and Carrie. What a great post and such beautiful pictures of your family and you and Matt! You forgot how much everyone who knows you can't help but LOVE you!