Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa come to see the kids play soccer! Madalyn gets BRACES.

This last weekend, Grandma and Grandpa came to Boring to watch the kids play soccer. With all 3 children playing, they had a full morning. Each of the kids were very excited to show off their skills and hear the cheers of their grandparents. The weather was so wonderful that Mom and I sat under an umbrella to watch them play. They each played very well. Thanks for coming up and seeing the kids play Mom and Dad!

After their soccer games we took this picture on the side of the house. I made Hayden put back on his jersey/shorts and he was not happy with me. He wanted to play Star Wars.

Paige was a little bothered that the big kids got a picture, so we had her and Gannon jump in there and get a picture with Grandma and Grandpa.

Right before jumping in the car, Dad took a shot at the basketball hoop at the house. We won't say if he missed it or made it.

Mom then took a shot and you can see that she made this one. Nice shot Mom.
MADALYN GETS BRACES

Over one year ago, our dentist told me he would like Madalyn to go in and see an orthodontist for a free consultation. I avoided it until, we had our cleanings in August 2010 and Hayden also received a recommendation to go and see an orthodontist. I took the kids in last week and Hayden is fine for right now, but the orthodontist recommended that Madalyn get braces on her teeth because of her deep overbite and crowding. She was so excited. She had always thought that glasses and braces would be so much fun. Well, we go them on Monday and she doesn't think that they are that much fun anymore. She has been a real trooper, but we have been trying to make sure that she is comfortable at school. This picture is her before shot and .........................

after shot. She got a light pink on her bands. She looks great!!

3 comments:

Sean and Melissa said...

Congrats Madalyn! Actually, maybe I should wait and say that after they're off. Just kidding. :) Ohhhhhh, how I have vivid memories of braces and that first week or so until my mouth got used to them. I hope he gave you lots of wax- I remember going through a lot of it that first week. That first part is the hardest, but soon you'll almost forget you have them, at least until they get adjusted, and then you'll be sore for a day or too, but it's not nearly as bad as when they first go on. I'm so happy for you- you'll have an extra sparkly smile for awhile, and then perfect teeth after!

Ashlee said...

Those are some great shots of Mom and Dad with the kids!
I always thought that braces and glasses would be cool too. I think she looks great in them. Hope that she adjusts to them quickly. Love you

Kelly said...

Love it when Grandparents come to support the soccer players and how great we had such beautiful weather that weekend! Madalyn looks very cute with her braces my big girls going to be next!