Sunday, December 5, 2010

I am a mother to a teenager!!

As I was driving our car to Madalyn's school on her birthday, to pick her up for lunch, my heart almost stopped as I realized that I am a mother to a teenager. When I first became a mother, I would have a hard day, and wonder to myself if the day would ever arrive when I would have a teenager. That would then mean I would be close to being "done" raising the kids. Well, after a few children, I began to realize how fast time flies by and I stopped wondering when the day would arrive that I would be "done". I also realized you are never "done". So now back to driving in the car, I began to think about Madalyn's life and how wonderful she is and that is when I realized she was THIRTEEN. It made me understand once again that my time with my children is so precious and so short. I only have a small number of years to be with my children all of the time and that is it. So with that said I am excited to announce that I am officially a mother to a teenager and I love it!!!

Madalyn is a wonderful daughter. She has taught me many things about being a better person. I am grateful that she is my first born!

She asked me to make her chocolate vinegar cake with a fudge frosting on top. It is nothing fancy but she loves it. So, therefore, I love it!!

She wanted money for her birthday this year. She wanted to go shopping to buy new clothes. Madalyn received her wish!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy birthday, Madalyn. :)

Amber said...

I can't believe it either!! She was just a baby it seems like. :) I also find it hard to believe because you don't look like it Beth! You look so young and beautiful. :)

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to Madalyn! :D BTW...LOVE the tree!!

Megan and RJ said...

tell Ma that I love that picture of her in her snow hat. So pretty!