Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Parade and Madalyn returns!

This was a full but exciting week for our family. Matt worked to get things done and I ran a bunch of errands and tried to reorganize our house. We enjoyed a little down time by going to a parade in town. Hayden and Bailey were part of the parade and so we wanted to show our support.

On Saturday, Madalyn returned from a vacation to Utah. We missed her very much. On Saturday morning, we were eating breakfast and I asked Matt to look up her itinerary and see what time she landed. He pulled up the information on his lap top and her flight had already landed. We began to scramble around the house trying to get everyone ready and loaded in the car to go 30 minutes to the airport. I felt a little like the beginning part of the movie Home Alone!! As we were preparing (if you can call that preparing) to head out, Madalyn called us from my friends cell phone. My friend was also at the airport waiting for her daughter who had been on the same flight. She said that she would bring Madalyn home for us. I felt so grateful and knew that Heavenly Father was watching over Madalyn. Thank Heavens for Syd!! Madalyn came home and we all hugged and talked. It was a great reunion.

Bailey waiting to leave for the parade route.

We sat by our friends. Gannon loves my friend Wendi.
He sat with her most of the time.

Gannon, Wendi and I.

Carter loved this tank.

Look close, you can see Hayden!

These Apaka's kept falling to the ground.
They did not want to continue in the parade.

Our family.

Madalyn is home and we are so glad.

Welcome home!!

Bailey and Carter picked Madalyn these roses from our yard.

Madalyn brought home my birthday present.
Here I am pulling it out of the bag.

Surprise!! It is a nail detailer.

Gannon is using his birthday walker around the living room. The boys are pretending that he is running them over!!

1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

Great post. Your kids are so grown up and adorable!

I LOVE the new family picture with your title on top of the blog! How on earth did you manage to get 3 boys and 3 girls? That is very even.