Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Madalyn's almost done with track season.

No this picture isn't from the other post that I did a couple of weeks ago. I haven't taken any pictures to blog about for a while so I thought that I would post another track meet that Madalyn had yesterday. She did a good job! We told her that she needed to grunt more and make noises. This track meet was for 6th graders only and Matt announced some of the meet. At this meet it wasn't embarrassing for Madalyn to stand by Matt and I. She actually crossed the field with her arm in Matt's. Pretty cute. After school, the boys got off the bus and we all jumped in the van and headed to the high school. We made it just in time to see her throw the shot put. We missed the discus though. I gave Matt the camera and he got into the arena to get up close shots. She only has one more meet left. This morning she said, "mom is track almost over"? I said, "yes, only one more meet". As a teenager, I felt like track lasted forever, but as a mother, I think that 1 1/2 months is nothing. Boy, does our perspective change over time.

Taking her practice throw.


The kids and I standing behind the rope waiting for her turn to come again. They all behaved very well. That always makes you happy as a mother.

She is ready to launch that puppy. Do you see Matt's former colleague in the background laughing? He knows that Matt and I are a little wild when it comes to picture taking and I am sure he was trying to avoid the camera shot.

Her final throw. Every time that she would step away from the ring, Matt and I would begin to coach her and tell her to give it her all, make some noise, grunt, get another P.R.. We like to embarrass our children. We really aren't that extreme though.

6 comments:

Sean and Melissa said...

Great job Madalyn! That's brings back so many memories. I've loved doing Track all the way through high school.

Carrie said...

I completely agree that track seemed to last forever when we were teens. Now I'm surprised that there's only one more meet! Great job Maddie!

Kelly said...

Way to go Madalyn making it through track season hopefully she enjoyed it. And way to go mom making it through the meets in this yucky weather!

Jill said...

hooray for madalyn! i'm so happy to see her doing well. i wish i were there to coach her too! :)

keep posting, it makes my day at work. :)

Megan and RJ said...

I bet those track meets took you and matt on a trip down memory lane. It's crazy that your kids are now doing those things!
p.s. I'm totally inspired to turn my blog into a book. Well that was the plan all along I just didn't know how to do it.

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Sweet, Madalyn looks good! Beth, you look like your are about done and ready for baby #6!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!