Sunday, May 9, 2010

PROM 2010, Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you that read our blog. We have had busy days but fun days. Matt was in charge of prom for his high school and so of course I had an invitation to go with him. Matt and I went to prom my sophomore and junior year together and so this brought back many memories. I bought a dress from Motherhood for $17 and I didn't show Matt because I wanted to surprise him the night of prom. Well, he was busy the entire day running back and forth to the venue and running home. So, I got all dressed up and drove with one of his co-workers to the location. When I got there I was so excited to see him and surprise him with the dress (by the way he looked very handsome too). He walked up to me and said "honey, can you go over there and do this for me". My balloon deflated and then I smiled knowing that he was worried about making sure everything was ready for the students to enter their prom. We had a wonderful evening and the 2010 prom went very well.

Although I didn't have my prom date with me before the prom started, I had Madalyn take a picture of me all dressed up so that I could put it in the babies new book. I wanted the baby to know that we went to prom when I was 35 weeks pregnant.

We got home at midnight and I told Matt I really wanted a picture of us together for memory sake. This is officially our 3rd prom picture.
MOTHER'S
DaY

Matt made me a great breakfast of french toast, bacon and omelette's. Oh so good! The kids woke up and we all ate together and I read their sweet cards and enjoyed the smell of roses!

Sunday evening the kids ran out into the front yard and started chasing each other around. This is Paige trying to capture Bailey.

Aren't they cute kids. What a blessing to be a mother!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

CUTE dress!!

Amber said...

What a HOTT Mama!!! :) Seriously, you look amazing. I love the pictures of the kids, so cute.
Love you!

Ashlee said...

Sounds like it was a perfect mother's Day!
That is really neat that you got to go to prom with the same guy 3times!!!
Can I try on your prom dress just like the good ole' days :)
Love you and you do look amazing!

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

You look so good and I love that it was "Prom" all over again...haha pregnant. Even better.

Kelly said...

Love those of the kids playing in the yard. You look very pretty, what a sweet deal you got on that sexy dress! You look just as great in the midnight picture as you did on the first one!

Jill said...

you look beautiful! and i'm so proud of you for not getting too sad about matt not noticing the dress-- you are a wise woman.

here's to many more proms together. :)