Monday, May 10, 2010

A jog down memory lane!!!!

So, this morning I got to thinking about the prom dances that Matt and I went to and I went to my photo box and pulled out our two pictures from my sophomore year and junior year. I laughed pretty hard looking at my sophomore year pictures. I thought that for family history sake and to give all of you a laugh for the day, I would put them on our blog to make sure and have in our 2010 blog book. Remember, we lived in the 80's and 90's so don't laugh too hard. Big hair was in, puffy sleeves all the rage, big bows placed everywhere and yes, tiel green dresses were hot. Enjoy!!!

1991

I did not like this dress at all. I had gone shopping with my Mom and she said that she loved this dress and if I wanted to get a dress it would be this one. I was nervous about wearing it. Right before, Matt picked me up, I was crying and not wanting to put it on. A lady that I babysat for put my make-up on and I got home and looked like a clown, so I tried to wipe it all off. When he got to my house, I put on a happy face and tried to act unfazed about my make-up and dress. Needless to say, I took it to college in hopes that I could sell it to a girl that was going to go to Homecoming. Sure enough, I sold it to a roommate for very cheap. Thank you for taking it off my hands.

Matt's dad rented a Mazda Miata for us. It was so fun and fast. Matt was very excited to drive it. He took my to a very nice restaurant in town and when we started to eat, he splashed ketchup all over his white shirt and I went to the "ladies room" and dropped my bow in the toilet. We were quit the combo. Good memories!!

1992

My junior year, I told my mom that I had a dress in my head that I would love to try and find it. We searched high and low and she ended up sewing the image I had in my mind. I love black as you know, so I wore black and I had it simple but classy. I felt so good. I did my own make-up and hair and designed my own dress. What more could a girl ask for? We had a blast that night and enjoyed every minute.


2010

Now it brings us to this weekend. Almost 20 years later! Boy does time change and get better. I had the best prom date anyone could ask for and thankfully, I will have him forever.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I LOVE IT! I still remember when you let us come over and dress up in those dresses. :) I was so happy that I got to put the teil(sp?) one on. ha ha. I am so happy my brother married you. Love you!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

I love the pictures! YOU BOTH look so young...and were! love you.

Jill said...

This is GREAT! I remember both of those dates. I was a little girl with stars in my eyes. you looked great. so young!

you are a sister beth, i can't remember life without you.

jayne said...

Who was the roommate that got the dress? Sarah? I don't even know. But I do know it wasn't me! I've got the same kind of prom picture with big hair (used to call them wings) and a dress that I also hated. Only I wasn't with the love of my life at either of those dances. Lucky girl. You look GREAT by the way. Good luck with #6!

Ging said...

You were adorable then- and even prettier now. Love does that to people. Love and no longer living in the 90's

Kelly said...

Thnaks so much for sharing those are so great. I also had a teal prom dress and went to my junior and senior prom with my now husband! You look beautiful in all of the pictures, you two are great together!